We believe that the people involved in horse racing and equestrian sports have a responsibility for the welfare of the equine athletes in their care.
We believe that every horse deserves access to the best potential outcome if they are injured, and to be treated with respect.
Help us to raise funds for a tenth horse ambulance that will cover the South Auckland area. We can then attend every horse event in NZ.
Help us complete the fleet - give now!
- To assist horses injured while competing at race meetings and equestrian events, through the provision and operation of a national fleet of horse ambulances.
- To protect the wellbeing of horses competing at race meetings and equestrian events.
- To promote the equine welfare standards that must be achieved for participants to exceed their obligations under the Animal Welfare Act 1999.
- The Trust was set up in 2016 to fund and procure ten purpose-built equine ambulances to cover horse racing and equestrian events in New Zealand.
- Now, in 2021, there are eight equine ambulances and the Trust is actively raising funds for two more units that will enable all race meetings and equestrian events across the country to be covered.